Friday, January 24, 2014

Days 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19

Where did this week go?  I had such great intentions of posting an entry into my blog every day chronicling the 30 day Bikram Yoga challenge.  It's Friday, and my last update was on Sunday.

Monday dawned bright and early with a cup of coffee and ten milligrams of Valium.  Why, you might ask?  Well, I had a little trip to the dentist planned.  I’m getting better, I really am.  It used to be that I would cry when the chair-side dental assistant put that big heavy lead drape over my body to keep me from becoming radioactive during the dental X-ray.  Now, I can actually sit down in the chair, lean back and relax--with the benefit of ten milligrams of Valium.  I’m not a huge fan of drugs these days but when you need them, I’m glad they’re there.  So, what does all of this have to do with yoga?  Nothing other than the fact that I feel like I practically lost a week of lucidity, so unaccustomed to being drugged am I.

Monday was the only day of yoga I missed but that was okay because I was already two classes ahead of my goal.  It’s half-way through the thirty days and it seems like that’s when some of the classes have felt like all I’m doing is going through the motions.  But the yoga always works its magic.  As I lie in savasana pose at the end of class, I always feel energy surging through my body and I’m glad I went.  Always.

Dave was the first to finish his thirty classes on Wednesday, having done double and even triple classes on some days.  I have a feeling we won’t be seeing him at least for a few days.  “I’ll be on the golf course and drinking beer,” is what he told me.

I’ve been spending most of the week with my butt glued to my writing chair going through the final changes on my book, “Grand Theft Auto and Other Misdemeanors” which will be available on Amazon.com within (hopefully) the next month or two.  Since I’m the writer, creative designer and PROOFREADER, I get to sit here and go through line by line by line over and over again until my eyes cross and my low back is screaming for yoga.

Thank God for the stress-reducing and spine stretching of yoga.  I’ve been inspired by some of the students in the class who are relatively new or even brand new to this yoga and struggling through the  postures.  At least one such student told me today that she’s planning on participating in the sixty-day challenge.  Do you think she needs my company?  I’m considering it.

See you all when I see you!



No comments:

Post a Comment