Thursday, January 9, 2014

Day Four

I pulled into the parking lot for nine-o’clock class just as Dave was getting out of his car.

“Man, is it really only day four?” he asked.  “I don’t remember it being this hard last year.  Did you think it was extra hot in class yesterday?”

Dave completed the 30 day challenge in about 20-some days last year by doubling up on classes to get the thing done early.  Trish was right behind him and the two were treating this challenge like a competition.  In fact, when Trish found out that I’d done three classes on the first day of the challenge, she was extra interested in how many classes I would be doing on day two.  “Only one,” I said.

Pacing is important.  Unless you have absolutely no life (which I’ve been accused of) and are able to spend the entire day in the yoga studio, it’s probably a good idea to stop and smell the roses and make the most out of 30 days of yoga, which is a pretty awesome accomplishment.  I personally felt like I’d overdone it yesterday with my eight mile hike and then the 90 minute hot yoga class.  And I’ve never overdone it before.  Yeah, right.

So, I decided that I’m going to enjoy this challenge and with that thought in mind, as I left the studio today, the owner said, “Hey Jen, for those interested, we’re extending the challenge to 60 days.”

No rest for the weary.

See you all tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment