Monday, January 13, 2014

Day Eight

I thought I was doing great on day two of the Six Day Fruit Fast until I pulled into the parking lot of the yoga studio tonight and saw a sweet little old man walking towards his car from the supermarket. He had purchased an extra large bag of Kettle brand potato chips.  I almost tackled him to the ground and fought like it was his life or mine for those chips.

This morning I woke up full of energy and couldn’t resist going on a (short) trail hike because it was such a gorgeous day.  It’s January in Laguna Beach and the temperatures were in the 80’s, the sky was cerulean blue and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky.  I hiked up a hill called “I think I can” in El Moro state park and was rewarded with a majestic ocean view with a clear outline of Catalina Island in the distance.  Hiking by myself has always been my favorite meditation.

I felt light and free all day, not weighed down with heavy food since the fast only includes six days of fruit.  “I think this is the way to get rid of food cravings,” I told my husband, “because I’m not starving anymore like I was yesterday.”

Then I saw that nice little old man in the parking lot.  But I didn’t tackle him.  Instead, I unrolled my purple yoga mat and did 90 minutes of hot yoga with Melissa, yoga teacher extraordinaire who entertained us with a story about a woman who has a social network hash tag called #yogaeverydamnday.  I’ll have to check it out.

One more gold star and another good nights sleep is in order.

See you tomorrow!











No comments:

Post a Comment