Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day Seven

Today was not only day seven of the Bikram Yoga 30 day challenge, it was day one of the 6-day Cleanse that my lovely sister, Monica in Florida talked me into doing.  Starting the new year, I knew I wanted to do something to make those jeans of mine fit better.  Who am I kidding?  I don’t even own a pair of jeans anymore because last years new years resolution was to clean out my overflowing closet, which I finally did in December.  After all, why do in January what I could put off for eleven months?

“We’ll do it together,” said my fit, attractive, glowing skin, yoga teacher sister who lives all the way on the East Coast where she can’t really check up on me.  “I did this fast a few years back and felt fantastic!”

I agreed and was up this morning, skipping coffee and making my distilled water, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and Aloe Vera juice cocktail.  Starbucks ain’t got nothing on this cocktail.  The first thing I learned is that I’m addicted to caffeine. As my husband sat on the sofa with me as the sun was rising drinking his coffee while I drank my health cocktail, I wanted to tell him, “Stop talking so much!”  Such is the power of caffeine on most of us.

Morning yoga class was delightful, not too crowded and I feel like I’m getting a rhythm going.  I felt energized after class, drank my next health cocktail in the parking lot of the yoga studio, went home and spent the whole day eating vast quantities of fruit, since this is part of the cleanse.  Dinner was two avocados which I savored.  I never knew how great avocados, lemon juice and sea salt could taste.

It’s good to give the body a rest from time to time.  But not from yoga!  I’ll be back in class tomorrow for my next gold star.








No comments:

Post a Comment