Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day Eleven

Is it really only day eleven?

9AM class with the Amazing Amy was low energy for me.  You don’t think it has anything to do with this crazy fruit fast that my sister Monica (I love you very much) talked me into do you?  Tomorrow will be the final day of the six day fruit cleanse.  When Kerry popped his toast into the toaster this morning and the mouth watering aroma of bread warming in the toaster hit my nose and psyche, I realized, “I’m hungry.”  But I love a good endurance event and let me tell you boy, this six day cleanse works. If I say anything more about it, you will say TMI (too much information) for sure.  I’m certain, though, that it’s good to give our bodies a break from the constant shoveling in of food.  Being on this minimalistic diet has got me looking at what everyone else is eating and the portions seem way too large.  I know that I, for one, eat out of boredom, so it’s good to take a break and shock my system once in awhile.  After all, I'm the one who's in control, right?  Not some whim or habit like grabbing a box of Cheez-Its and eating the whole box before I even know what happened.  Hey, that does sound pretty good right now.

Back to yoga...It’s all about the yoga and working on my new book.  I got a brainstorm for a story idea while in Camel Pose the other day.  The story opens with a woman who is sitting in a jail cell serving the first month of her Life In Prison sentence for hiring a hit man to murder her husband.  She’s decided to write the story of what really happened in her diary, which will be available on Amazon.com if I have my way.

Sometimes it takes a good murder mystery to take my mind off of Cheez-Its.

See you tomorrow in yoga class!








No comments:

Post a Comment