Saturday, February 20, 2010

Our favorite color is plaid





Today's workout was Bikram Yoga. The weather forecast called for rain, so we chose an indoor activity. Bikram Yoga is a 90 minute, kick butt workout done in a heated, 105 degree room with 40% humidity. It utilizes the same 26 postures every time which work your entire body, head to toe, bones to skin. I love the workout, but the best part of it is when it's over. Your body will be tingling, and the effects translate to any other workout you do, whether it be running, surfing, pole jumping or tight rope walking.

Yesterday, I was reading the book I was telling you about which deals with metaphysical principals of financial abundance. While Angela thinks that a near perfect day is spent at the mall, I tend to break out in hives when I enter any shopping arena. I would much rather be on the trail, in the ocean, or lost somewhere out in the mountains. However, while reading the book, I realized that I absolutely needed to make a trip to the mall. Why? Because plaid is back in fashion. Angela and I both agree on one thing: our favorite color is plaid. Off I went, and sure enough, Nordstrom features plaid in many of their styles. Girls, (and guys) don't you just love this blue color which goes quite nicely with the new boots I purchased? Angela's plaid shirt featured in the photo is a plaid of a different color. Needless to say, she wants to borrow mine.

And the best part about it? I survived and thrived the trip to the mall. Even made it out of there in under an hour. And look Ma: no hives!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! That looked like a tough workout... the other girls in the picture are all holding their necks!

    I love plaid, too. Stripes come in second. Especially if they're so thin and so monchromatic with their competing stripe that the stripes sorta tease you into thinking they're a solid color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done yoga a couple of time and it is always embarassing. The instructor always has to stop the class to help me out.

    I also love the title. I always say that line. Funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete