Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Favorite Training Partner - Rico!

No rest for the weary. Went on a four hour hike with Rico yesterday. Let me just warn you about Rico. He runs with a drill sargent style whistle. If you lag behind, he blows it, then tells you: "Drop and give me 50!" His training regimen, this week, is: run 65 miles a week, 500 sit ups, 500 push ups and 500 pull ups. Here is the part of my post where I get to have a little Whine with my cheese. I'm recovering from knee surgery! And yes, it's taking tooooo long!!! Pre-surgery, a four hour run was my favorite way to spend the day. I am coming back. I've got 50 milers to do and perhaps another 100 miler in me. Meanwhile, it's back to quad strengthening, ice and Rico's whistle. Rico, have I told you today that I love you?

3 comments:

  1. I am reading this post with my eyes the size of dinner plates.

    Way to go. I'm truly impressed. Please be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. doodlegirl: you sound like Angela. Who sounds like my Mom. :) You know I love you guys xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiking/Running......It doesnt matter as long as you are out on the trails. Any day that happens is always a good day.

    ReplyDelete