Sunday, May 9, 2010

90 Day Bikram Yoga Challenge Drop Out


I found out that one can over stretch. I stuck to the first 30 days of the Bikram Yoga challenge quite religiously. Yes, I was practicing in church. Here is how it went:

I was not willing to give up my other workouts which include trail hiking (not running much yet), spinning and surfing. That meant on most days, double workouts. In the days pre knee surgery, triple workouts were the order of the day. Much as I don't want to admit it, my body still seems to be healing and the knee complains too much when I overdo it. This has been difficult to accept as I have this vision of myself as Wonder Woman. So.......at the end of the 30 days, I wasn't having as much fun as I like. My life is all about fun. It's back to spreading the workouts out.

The 30 days took much more mental discipline than I thought it would. When you are attempting a perfect standing bow pulling pose, it's not the time to think about how your stock options are doing.

This morning, Surfer Boy and I had a nice surf session. The guys all look so much better wearing wetsuits than they do in yoga class where, let's just say, not much is left to the imagination, when it could be.

I don't own a scale, but I have noticed that my jeans are baggier. C'mon girls (and guys), that's really what we're all after.

2 comments:

  1. Wonder Woman...yeah, I know ALL about that ;)
    Yoga is AMAZING for reshaping your body! I have done stints of it and love the physical results but MAN it 'releases' things in me emotionally and I end up a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. Emotions are highly overrated. I always say: No brain - no pain!

    ReplyDelete